What Kind of Compensation Can an Austin Car Accident Attorney Help Secure?
Every settlement or verdict amount for a car accident lawsuit is unique because the circumstances are considered on a case-by-case basis. In general, factors that may affect your case result include the severity of the injuries sustained, the potential liability of the parties involved, and the availability of insurance coverage.
Damages you may claim in an Austin car accident lawsuit include:
- Medical expenses: This may include hospital stays, ambulance rides, and surgical procedures
- Lost wages: For those unable to work because of their injuries
- Property damage: The cost of repairing or replacing any property that was damaged in the accident, including your vehicle
- Pain and suffering: For the physical and emotional anguish experienced as a result of the accident
- Punitive damages: In some cases, you may be able to recover punitive damages, which are designed to punish the defendant for particularly reprehensible conduct (such as drunk driving)
For those surviving family members who lost a loved one due to a car accident, you may also file a wrongful death lawsuit. The compensation from wrongful death damages can help cover funeral costs, loss of income, and the emotional loss of a person’s unique companionship and support.
Compensation from a lawsuit cannot fully undo the damage caused by a car accident, but it can help you and your family build a brighter future and move forward in life. Contact Austin car accident attorneys who can help you with real, tangible results by calling (832) 690-7000 for a free and confidential consultation.